During the event [email protected] 2021, a new promo video for the anime was revealed Blade Runner: Black Lotus, in turn revealing the production team and voice cast. The press release confirmed that Alessia Cara will contribute to the composition of the soundtrack, including the song “Feel You Now” featured in the trailer.
Crunchyroll Y Adult Swim they are collaborating with Alcon Entertainment to produce this thirteen episode anime scheduled to premiere in Fall-2021 (October-December). The series is based on Blade Runner 2049, the sequel to the 1982 film, Blade Runner. The story, in fact, takes place in the year 2032, in the middle of the original stories.
cast of you
- Arisa Shida como Elle.
- Shinshuu Fuji like Joseph.
- Takako Honda like Alani Davis.
- Takaya Hashi as Niander Wallace Sr.
- Takehito Koyasu como Niander Wallace Jr.
- Taiten Kusunoki like Marlowe.
- Yoshiko Sakakibara como Josephine Grant.
- Hochu Otsuka como Earl Grant.
- Shinji Aramaki (Ultraman, Appleseed) Y Kenji Kamiyama (Ultraman, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) is in charge of the project management in the studies Digital Arts only, a Japanese animation studio that gives it the status of “anime” to the project.
- Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo) serves as the creative producer of the project.
- Andrew Kosovo, Broderick Jonhson, Laura Lancaster Y Al-Francis Cuenca from Alcon Entertainment are the executive producers of the project in conjunction with Joseph Chou from Digital Arts only.
Synopsis of Blade Runner: Black Lotus
Dark sci-fi anime series delves into who runs the world after Blade Runner: Black Out 2022 – after the Tyrell Corporation from the original Blade Runner movie (set in 2019) and before the Wallace Corporation from the sequel from Blade Runner 2049. Unlike the movies, the series is set from the perspective of the hunted: a female replicant or an artificially created humanoid being.
The staff noted that the anime series reflects the dystopian world with the anti-capitalist themes of Philip K. Dick’s original novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Therefore, it also reflects what is happening in the real world today, in the sense that despite class division, discrimination and alienation, there can still be love and hope.