Government orders for 44 crore doses of Covishield and Covaccine

Advertisements


So far 23.88 crore vaccines have been administered in the country.(AP Photo/Anupam Nath)

Vaccination In India: After the announcement of the revised vaccine policy by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the government has given new orders for vaccines.

New Delhi. The central government on Tuesday said that it has supplied 44 crore doses of anti-Covid-19 vaccines – Covishield and Covaxin after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the new Vaccine Policy in India. Ordered for. The Prime Minister had announced on Monday that the Center would take over the procurement quota of the states and vaccines would be made available to the states free of cost for people above 18 years of age.

The Union Health Ministry said that the supply of these 44 crore doses of anti-Covid vaccines will be made available by the manufacturers by December, which is starting from now. In this regard, an official said that after the Prime Minister announced yesterday the changes in the guidelines of the National Kovid Immunization Program, the Center has given 25 crore doses of Kovashield to Serum Institute of India and 19 crore doses of Covaccine to Bharat Biotech. Order has been placed.

30% advance payment

“Additionally, 30 per cent advance amount has been released to Serum Institute of India and Bharat Biotech for the purchase of both the anti-Covid vaccines,” he said. The official said that the Center is supporting the efforts of the states and union territories for effective vaccination campaign under the ‘holistic approach of the government’ from January 16 this year. Based on the various memorandums received to the Centre, the third phase of the vaccination strategy Vaccination for all adults above 18 years of age was introduced from May 1. “Now, with the aim of making the vaccination campaign more widespread across the country, all citizens above the age of 18 years can avail free doses of the Kovid vaccine at government health centres,” the official said.

Will the price of vaccines increase for the center too?

The Prime Minister had said yesterday that the Center has decided to supply 75 per cent of the vaccines free of cost to the states by purchasing them from vaccine manufacturers and private hospitals will continue to procure the remaining 25 per cent from vaccine manufacturers. The government has also fixed the maximum price charged by private hospitals for the three anti-Covid vaccines available in the country. Under this, private hospitals can charge Rs 780 for Covishield, Rs 1,410 for Covaccine and a maximum of Rs 1,145 for Sputnik-V.

Meanwhile, the Health Ministry on Tuesday sent a letter to all the states and union territories saying that if the private vaccination centers charge more than the fixed price for the vaccines, then appropriate strict action should be taken against them. At the same time, an official familiar with this entire development said on condition of anonymity that now the cost of the vaccine for the center is not likely to be Rs 150. It is believed that the central government will now have to pay per dose and price for the vaccine. (with language input)




.

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: